From Planning through startup and closeout documentation, Brown & Root has experienced professionals in the full spectrum of services required for successful industrial plant turnarounds and outages.
Brown & Root is the one-stop solution for getting your plant back in production in the shortest time with the best results. Our integrated services include multi-discipline Engineering & Design; Capital Construction; and Scaffolding, Insulation, and Painting.
All Mechanical Crafts
- Crane Operators
- Hole Watch / Firewatch
- General Labor
- Soft Crafts
- 100 Ton down
- Platforms and Ladders
- Full Extraction Services
- Hydro testing
Towers & Drums
- Revamps & Tray Modifications
- Code Repairs and re-certification
- Demister Pads/Packing replacement
- Weld Overlays
- Convection Section Fabrication
- Coil Fabrication & Replacement
We have a specialized Boiler Services group offering the full range of services from annual Inspection/Repair to retrofits and new construction.
Our full-service Specialty Welding group is ASME Code-registered, carrying the “S,” “R,” “U,” and “NB” stamps. [links to subpages]
Emergency Services. Brown & Root Turnaround Services provides on-call emergency services 24/7 for unplanned outages. We provide an experienced team that mobilizes rapidly to repair your equipment, ensuring maximum safety and minimal downtime.
We have extensive experience in rebuild and reconstruction projects in response to catastrophic events – fire, floods, hurricanes, and other disasters. This experience includes major refinery rebuilds:
- Refinery rebuild in Eastern Europe, following the collapse of the vacuum distillation unit (VDU) tower. We completed this $188 Million EPC project in 9 months (competitors’ best estimate was 24 months), with 1 Million+ manhours and no lost time incidents.
- Reconstruction of a SAT Gas/Naphtha Hydrotreater unit. We provided emergency response mechanical services for demolition, reconstruction, and pre-commission of the units, as a subcontractor to the General EPC contractor. We worked 390,000 manhours without a lost time incident.
And smaller, emergency rebuilds such as a $36 Million Fire Rebuild project in a K-4 recovery unit. This 4-month, 120,000MH project involved 2,200 welds, 21,000 feet of conduit, and 340,000 feet of cable. No lost time incidents.
BROWN & ROOT TURNAROUND SERVICE
- Uncompromising Behavior-Based Safety Culture – driving to Zero Harm
- Leading craft training and progression program that includes a long history with NCCER.
- Rigorous Quality approach, clearly defined procedures, and highly skilled craft who consistently achieves above industry standard.
- 50+ Years’ Experience in Minimizing Down Time and Maximizing Plant Performance
HEALTH & SAFETY
The leadership of Brown & Root is committed to the highest level of health, safety and environmental performance. Our behavior-based safety program is focused on keeping our employees safe 24/7, and has resulted in world class safety performance statistics.