INEOS Phenol is the largest producer of Phenol and Acetone in the world. The Mobile, USA production facility started-up in April 2000 and has a current capacity in excess of 540,000 mt/yr. It is the largest single train phenol facility in the US and the second largest in the world. The scope of work executed by Brown & Root at the Mobile, Al facility consists of supplemental maintenance, turnarounds and outages, small capital construction projects, ASME code welding, quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) support, insulation, painting, janitorial, and lawn care.
- 23+ Years – History as Maintenance Provider
- Exceptional safety performance, fully integrated with client’s HSE systems.
- History of execution on-, or under-budget performance by flexible staffing adjustment approaches that provides maximum execution flexibility options.
- Leveraging employee craft validation and testing through industry recognized programs such as the National Center for Construction, Education, and Research (NCCER).
- Adding tablets to our field job planning activities
- Utilizing new pipe cutting and beveling tools to improve safety, quality, and efficiency
- Development of purpose specific devices to improve safety and efficiency of work processes
INEOS Phenol has partnered with Brown & Root over 25 years for construction, maintenance, and turnaround services. We have worked closely together to develop a culture focused on safety. The Mobile facility benefits from Brown & Root’s extensive knowledge of our equipment, procedures, and operating conditions. We also benefit from Brown & Root’s ability to fulfill all of the facility’s needs ranging from fire proofing to welding covering routine maintenance, turnarounds, and capital projects. INEOS Phenol views Brown & Root as a leader in industrial services that is continuously striving to improve the safety and quality of craftsmanship that they provide.Ron Deakins – VP Operations-US – INEOS Phenol
Significant Project or Industry Awards
Central Gulf Industrial Alliance Safety Award 2021
President’s Zero Harm Milestone Award