SURVEYING & LASER SCANNING
Quality, accurate surveying services are essential for quality, accurate engineering services from design and construction through maintenance, upgrades and revamps. Brown & Root has registered Professional Land Surveyors (PLS) licensed in multiple states. The majority of our field crews are made up of crew chiefs and field personnel who have worked together for 20 years or more.
Our survey teams are well-equipped with instruments and equipment to work field-to-finished projects on land and in inland coastal waters. Our surveying capabilities include:
- Boundary Surveys / Land Title Surveys
- Topographic Surveys
- Hydrographic Surveys
- Survey and Mapping for the Energy Industry
- Dimensional Control Survey Services
- Construction survey, layout and inspection
- High Definition Scanning Survey
We perform hydrographic surveys and dock condition surveys on an annual or regular basis for a number of industrial plants in the Mississippi River Region. We utilize company-owned vessels, recording fathometer and numerous other location devices to provide accurate, repeatable hydrographic survey information in a cost-effective manner. Our company carries Excess Maritime Liability insurance coverage, for the protection of our personnel and our clients in the performance of marine-related services.
Our high definition scanning services capture as-built data from the field, without disrupting operations. We offer a unique solution that delivers High-Def, 360° x 320° photo-realistic panoramic scans to a 3-D CAD surface model. Our digital capture techniques gather a large amount of field information in a very short period of time. The process works by capturing a series of high-definition 3-D laser scans on site, which are returned to the engineering office for processing, analysis, and production.
We utilize high definition scanning services to:
- Determine “as built” condition and locations within existing unit
- Develop demolition drawings, if required
- Assist in the development of piping isometrics drawings
- Determine piping tie-in locations
- Provide a common point of existing data for each discipline
We offer the distinct advantage of working with a single firm, which integrates onshore survey dimensional control with the laser scanning activity, to achieve the highest degree of accuracy. Benefits of high definition scanning include:
- Mitigation of risks
- Minimizing shutdown periods
- Minimizing offshore fabrication activities
- Eliminate re-work and reduce costs of retrospective engineering
- Reduction of construction/installation manhours
- Maximizing field productivity
- Minimizing field hot work
- Early project completion
HEALTH & SAFETY
The leadership of Brown & Root is committed to the highest level of health, safety and environmental performance. Our behavior-based safety program is focused on keeping our employees safe 24/7, and has resulted in world class safety performance statistics.