The Domtar Product Company (Domtar)’s mill in Kingsport, Tennessee is undergoing a conversion from producing uncoated freesheet paper to becoming Domtar’s first packaging facility. When complete, the mill will be able to produce and market about 600,000 tons of high-quality recycled liner board and corrugated medium annually, making it the second-largest recycled container board machine in North America. Brown & Root has successfully executed a multitude of boiler services and looks forward to continuing to be a partner with Domtar!
Scope of Work
- Pressure Parts
- Combustion Air Ductwork
- Replacement of Hydro Bed Fluidizing Nozzles
- Solid Fuel Feed System
- Precipitator Ductwork Modifications
- Load Burners
- Rigging superheater platens in and out of the boiler from crane to monorail and then to double drum tuggers, removing a section of a building to install new load burners.
- Support in restarting a papermill that utilized recyclables
- Exceptional safety performance, fully integrated with client’s HSE systems.
- Extensive welding execution with optimal quality performance.
This project was instrumental in restarting a papermill that utilized recyclables and provided high-paying jobs for the community.