Brown & Root is actively engaged in the delivery of an exciting Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC)Project to Ketjen Corporation (Ketjen), a wholly owned subsidiary of Albemarle Corporation(NYSE: ALB).
Ketjen, a leading provider of advanced catalyst solutions to producers in the petrochemical, refining, and specialty chemical industries, is a key strategic customer for Brown & Root. Through our partnership with this customer, we are executing all stages of design(engineering), through direct-hire construction and startup of the industrial expansion of the ZSM-5 unit. This new unit will enable our customer additional integrated production capacity for shape selective zeolite (ZSM-5)which is used with FCC catalyst to convert oils into light olefins.
Brown & Root’s teams have an extended history of successful project execution history at the Albemarle/Ketjen Bayport Texas facility, as well as other similar facilities throughout North America. We have executed many of the following scopes and projects for Ketjen:
- Small-to-mid size capital projects
- Delivery of embedded ongoing maintenance activities
- Soft craft services (scaffolding, insulation, painting)
- Turnaround and emergency response services
Given our experience, resources, and capabilities, Brown & Root’s team is performing all aspects of Engineering through Detailed Design and OSBL Expansion on the ZSM-5 project. In support of developing the manufacturing unit, we are providing:
- Project Management
- Engineering/ Design
- Laser Scanning Services
Our scope includes:
- installation of a seven-story main process structure (ISBL)
- Numerous OSBL installments
- New tank farm
- Cooling tower
- Air compressor
- Sump system
- PDC MCC building with switchgear and transformers
- Control room
- Conference room
- Office space
- Rack room.
- Our teams commenced the design aspects of this project in 2021 and are looking forward to construction completion/start-up in 2024.
- Given the unique challenges of designing and constructing adjacent to a live brownfield environment (operating units) our team’s experience, combined with strong communication and collaboration with our customer has enabled us significant project success.
- Other areas where our teams have delivered solutions include procurement/supply chain-related disruptions (extended equipment delivery/lead times) and careful environmental planning and permitting results.
- While this project is led by our local Houston Engineering & Construction operations, multiple Brown & Root Business and Service Lines are excited to participate in this project and deliver timely and cost-effective solutions, including our Engineering, Construction, Specialty Services, and Specialty Welding Teams!
We are excited about our ongoing partnership with Ketjen and our continued focus on delivering this project safely, on-time, on-budget, and without quality or performance issues. This key project will help our client to focus on operations of its integrated manufacturing processes which limits the need from outside sources.